In dutch we have something called rijstepap. It is porridge made from rice. It is a very old and traditional dish, if you ask old people they will remember. People used to eat it with cinnamon and sugar. I saw the rice porridge in a magazine from the supermarket and then I thought. Why not make a super new recipe with it? So I did. Because it is almost valentines day, I added some nice and bright red colors by using raspberry! Valentine-proof recipe if you ask me (or use this chocolate recipe). You have to be a sweet tooth for this recipe, because the raspberry jam makes it super sweet!
Coconut rice porridge with cookies and raspberry
Preparation time: 25 min
Time in fridge: 1 hour (optional)
What do you need?
- 50 gram dessertrice
- one hand of raspberry
- 2 tbsp raspberryjam
- 125 ml coconutmilk
- 125 ml milk
- 50 gram cookies
- 2 el caster sugar
- 40 ml orange juice
- Break the cookies into little pieces and layer them on the bottom of 2 glasses
- Take a pan and add the dessertrice together with the milk and coconutmilk. Cook the rice for 20 minutes (or what the description on the package of the rice says). Stir the rice well, so it does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Lastly add the sugar and stir again.
- Put the rice on the cookies in the glasses
- Put a pan on middle heat and add the orange juice and raspberry. Then add the mixture on top of the rice.
- Finish the dessert by adding some fresh raspberry on top.
- Place the desserts in the fridge for 1 hour to let them cool. (this is optional though, you don’t really have to.You can also just eat it, but I did not try that yet.)