A delicious creamy soup of potato and garlic. Hmmm, can you smell it already? This is a great dish. I made it last weekend with my mom. The whole kitchen smelled so nice, because of the garlic. The recipe for the potato garlic soup is nice in combination with a sandwhich or flammkuchen. Which I will post on my blog soon.
On the side, I have something else to mention. I saw a message in my instagram feed that there is going to be a meatless week in march. 5 – 11 march to be precise and because I think this is a great initiative I am joining! I don’t think it is going to be very hard though. I know a lot of meatless recipes. Do you join me for a week without meat?
Potato garlic soup
Preparationtime: 30 min
What do you need?
- A little olive oil
- 1 pink onion (normal onion is also ok)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp. marjoram
- 500 gram crumbly potatos
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 100 gram mascarpone
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the potato and cut into small blocks. Cut the union and garlic into small pieces.
- Heat a cooking pan and add the olive oil, onion, garlic and marjoram. Fry for 5 minutes until they look glassy.
- Add the vegetable stock and potato and cook for 10 minutes untill the potatos are cooked.
- Add the mascarpone and stir, so all the lumps are gone.
- Mix with a blender until the soup is smooth and add salt and pepper to taste.