This recipe for pasta pesto tomato with pinenuts is my ultimate comfort food. Not so good if you want to lose some weight, but still very delicious. I learned this recipe from a friend a long time ago and after making it 32846834 times (no just kidding) it is perfect now. Normally I make this recipe with chicken, but I thought; you know what! I try to make it without chicken. Turns out it is still very nice without it. Especially with the cold in the Netherlands brrrr. The weather here is perfect now for warm soup and filling pastas. Please let the sun come to here! Im so looking forward to eat fresh salads, ice creams and drink nice smoothies. You too?
For all my meat loving friends; if you really want to add meat to this dish, you can. Just add some chicken in the pan you sauté your onion in. So first onion, than chicken, than tomato. Buttttt, it really doesn’t need meat to be honest. The sauce is super nice.
Pasta pesto tomato with pinenuts
Preparationtime: 20 min
What do you need?
- 400 gram cherry tomatoss
- 3/4 jar of green pesto
- some pinenuts
- 2 tbsp of creme fresh
- 450 gram penne (pasta)
- 2 small onions or 1 big one
- salt and pepper
- italian herbs
- Cook the pasta as long as the package says (mine had to cook 10 minutes) and set apart for later.
- Cut the union into small pieces and slice the cherry tomato’s in half.
- Sauté the union in a pan until it is glassy. Add the tomato and fry shortly, so they are a little bit softer. Don’t overdo this because otherwise they will turn into sauce.
- Add the pesto and creme fresh to the tomato and onion. Stir gently to make the sauce and add some salt, pepper and italian herbs.
- Now put some pasta on every plate and then the sauce, pinenuts and rucola. Anddd you’re done!